Ontario Spring Bear Hunt Outfitters and Guides
The province of Ontario will expand the spring bear hunting pilot program, intending to learn more about and evaluate issues brought up by northern communities regarding conflicts between humans and bears. The program is also expected to bolster northern tourism and economic growth.
The expansion will include:
– Lengthening the program by five years (through 2020)
– Including all 88 wildlife management units currently with a fall bear hunt
– Including non-resident hunters
Hunting bear cubs and females with cubs will remain illegal. If convicted, offenders could be fined up to $25,000 and face imprisonment of up to one year. Licensed hunters, in most cases, will be permitted to hunt only one bear per calendar year.
- With up to 105,000 black bears calling Ontario home, the province has a healthy and sustainable population
- The spring bear hunt pilot will take place annually from 2016 to 2020, from May 1 to June 15
- Every province and territory with black bears currently has a spring and fall bear hunt, except for Nova Scotia (fall hunt only)
- In 2014 and 2015, the province of Ontario had a bear management pilot program in eight wildlife management units. All units noted high levels of human-bear conflict. This pilot program was open to Ontario residents from May 1 to June 15 of each year. Communities in and near the units include Timmins, Thunder Bay, Sudbury, Sault Ste. Marie and North Bay.
Below is a list of Outfitters, Resorts and Lodges that will be offering a May 2o16 Spring Bear Hunt
James Bay Frontier
Spring Bear Hunts in Haileybury, New Liskeard, Latchford, Cobalt, Kirkland Lake, Elk Lake, Gowganda, Matachewan, Shining Tree, Gogama, Foleyet, Timmins, Cochrane, Kapuskasing, Hearst, James Bay and Matheson areas.
Golden Eagle Camp – Matachewan
Bay Wolf Camp – Shining Tree
Spruce Shilling Camp – Shining Tree
Auld Reekie Lodge – Gowganda
Twin Bears Resort – Kenabeek / Elk Lake, Ontario
Thunderstock Outfitters – Timmins – Kenogaming Lake
Red Pine Lodge – Foleyet
Crow Creek Camp – Kapuskasing
Lake Superior and North
Nakina, Nipigon, Manitouwadge, Longlac, Jellicoe, Geraldton, Orient Bay, Marathon, Thunder Bay, Armstrong, Upsula, and Allanwater Resorts.
Wild Goose Lake – Geraldton
Near North and Blue Sky Region
Spring Bear Hunts in North Bay, New Liskeard, Temagami, South River, Loring, Restoule, Callander, Field, Sturgeon Falls and River Ralley and area.
Island Lake Camp – Field/Marten River
Lake Herridge Lodge – Temagami
Olive the Lake – Marten River/Temagami
Opimika Wilderness Hunts – Thorne
Andorra Lodge – Temagami
Camp Horizon – Field
Martin’s Camp – Restoule
Mountain Home Lodge – Field/Marten River
Rainbow Country – Explorers Edge Country
Spring Bear Hunts in Parry Sound, Georgian Bay, Pointe au Barile, Britt, Nobel, Moon River, French River, Pickeral River, Sudbury, Biscotasing, Massey, Killarney, Manitoulin Island, Webwood and area.
Agnew Lake Lodge – Webwood
Spring Bear Hunts in Lake of the Woods, Lac Seul, English River, Ignace, Pickle Lake, Savant Lake, Sioux Lookout, Dryden, Wabigoon, Eagle River, Red Lake, Ear Falls, Perrault Lake, Kenora, Minaki, Sioux Narrows, Nestor Falls, Fort Frances, Rainy River, Emo, Atikokan, and Quetico Park Fishing Lodges.
Totem Resorts – Wiley Point Lodge – Sioux Narrows
Big North Lodge – Minaki
Rainbow Point Lodge – Perrault Falls
Wilderness Air Escapes – Vermilion Bay
Halleys Camps – Minaki
Lac Seul Evergreen Lodge – Ear Falls
Canada North Lodge – Ear Falls
Northumbrian Resort – Sioux Lookout
Site designed and Maintained by Due North Marketing (c) 2019